Good Topics for Informative Essays
An informative essay is sometimes called expository essay. This type of essay is mainly written for educational purposes on a certain topic. It is not for opinion purposes or convincing someone to do something of change his belief. Despite this essay being informative, it should be interesting. That is why you need to look for good topics when writing this kind of essay. Writing an informative essay is simple since it is structured in only three parts; the introduction, body and conclusion.
- The introduction part must present the selected topic and capture the attention of the reader. It should include the focus sentence for the entire essay.
- The body is the main bulk of your essay. It will contain all the important parts points you are discussing. The readers should be able to get the answers to their questions from this part.
- The conclusion summarizes your essay. It should urge the reader learn more about your topic of discussion.
When writing an informative essay you have to hook the reader from the very beginning, especially when writing an academic essay. This will be achieved easily if you choose an interesting informative essay topic. You will face a hard time if you make the mistake of choosing a complicated topic. The aim of a lecturer setting an informative assignment is to make students educate the readers. This work requires a great deal of expertise hence the need of choosing a topic you have genuine interest in. This is because you need to communicate your passion in a much understandable way. The only way for your essay to attract higher marks is to make your research display the complex tone of your chosen topic.
You should alter your subject to the length of the essay. If the size of the essay is big for example twenty pages, then choosing a broader topic is good. But choosing a wider topic for a small sized essay will not work out as you will be forced to cut your ideas, or even leave out some important points.
Some examples of the interesting topics to write on include:
- How the cold war was triggered
- The death of Napoleon
- How lung cancer is diagnosed
- The discovery of the planets in our solar system
- How the British lost the American Revolution War
- Making money using the Internet
- The fall of British empire
- The effects of pollution on the ocean
- Discipline in the workplace
- How to conserve energy at home
Having a look at these ten examples will help you to make your choice on the most interesting topic when writing informative essay. Writing on the above topics is easier since you can comfortably explain your points.